Photo by Kalil Branham Twitter

Four-star Wide Receiver Kalil Branham Talks Kentucky commitment

July 4, 2019
605

The University of Kentucky football staff kept its recruiting momentum going with a double Yahtzee on July 1st, with four-star wide receiver Kalil Branham‍ and four-star defensive end Samuel Anaele‍ committing to the Wildcats. The 6-foot-1, 200-pound wide receiver announced his college decision in the best commitment video, I have ever seen. Branham spoke to Big Blue Banter on why he chose Kentucky in the end and his future plans are.

“I knew Kentucky was for me when I came on my visit and they took me straight to Coach (Mark) Stoops office and the coaching staff showed me there plan for me and UK.”

Northland (Oh.) senior-to-be discussed when he told the Kentucky coaching staff he would be committing there.

“The most memorable response was Coach (Eddie) Gran looked me in the face and said we just got better in a soft calm voice then looked at my parents and said y’all are one of us for life,”

Branham is currently in summer school, so he is not sure when he’ll be back in Lexington again, but he did mention if he plans to enroll early or not.

“I plan on enrolling in January,” said Branham.

He left a message for the Big Blue Nation.

“All I promise is I will listen to the coaches, go to classes and the rest is out of my control.”

Loney’s Take: Kalil Branham is much more mature than someone his age. He is wise beyond his years and a huge get for Kentucky.