Photo by Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports
Kentucky Basketball Recruiting

Making the Pitch to Kerry Blackshear Jr.

June 18, 2019
441

The model for success has been established. Unlike fellow grad transfer Reid Travis, who was a great player who had a slightly outdated game, Kerry Blackshear compares favorably to PJ Washington. It's easy to see the resemblance when you watch them play but looking at their underlying metrics; the similarities become even more clear. The two players match up almost perfectly, with Blackshear actually edging PJ in three major areas. If I were Calipari, I would focus on those areas and show Blackshear how he would be used in the offense to highlight his strengths while competing for a title.