Photo by Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports

Making the Pitch to Kerry Blackshear Jr.

June 18, 2019
319

The model for success has been established. Unlike fellow grad transfer Reid Travis, who was a great player who had a slightly outdated game, Kerry Blackshear compares favorably to PJ Washington. It's easy to see the resemblance when you watch them play but looking at their underlying metrics; the similarities become even more clear. The two players match up almost perfectly, with Blackshear actually edging PJ in three major areas. If I were Calipari, I would focus on those areas and show Blackshear how he would be used in the offense to highlight his strengths while competing for a title.