Photo by Kevin Garbuio

Yahtzee: Kentucky lands Connecticut Defensive Tackle Lamar Goods

April 8, 2019
1,718

The Kentucky Football coaching staff is celebrating a big-time Yahtzee this afternoon. Lamar Goods‍, a 6-foot-4, 290-pound defensive tackle from St. Thomas More high school in Connecticut chose the Cats over Georgia, Florida, Rutgers, Michigan State, and others. Coaches Mark Stoops and Brad White are continuing to bring in top talent on the defensive line, and Goods will add to that depth. Goods have been rated as high as a four-star defensive tackle on several recruiting websites. Goods joins Richie Leonard as the second commitment in the Cats' 2020 class. The class may end up growing slightly larger than the 16-17 players Coach Stoops anticipated on National Signing Day. 

Video of the newest UK Football commitment.

  

Discussion from...

Yahtzee: Kentucky lands Connecticut Defensive Tackle Lamar Goods

mrschwump
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Most excellent pick up by UK, hats off to Brad White! How does UK stand with Oxendine?
Patrick Loney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
mrschwump said:

Most excellent pick up by UK, hats off to Brad White! How does UK stand with Oxendine?
Kentucky is still squarely in the mix for Oxendine. Not necessarily the favorite at this time, but Oxendine doesn't seem in a rush to make a decision. The coaching staff has some time to make up some ground and land Oxendine.
mrschwump
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Much thanks Patrick. What about Alabi, would UK take him and Oxendine or one or the other now with the Goods commit?
Patrick Loney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
They will take both. You can't have enough guys in the trenches.
mrschwump
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Patrick Loney said:

They will take both. You can't have enough guys in the trenches.
Sounds great, hope they can pull it off. I'm 71, this is the best DL both talent-wise and numbers-wise in my lifetime. Solid effort by Coach Stoops and crew.
Patrick Loney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I believe the front 7 is the best I've seen in my lifetime.
Patrick Loney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I also believe Goods will stay true to his word on his commitment to Kentucky.
mrschwump
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Patrick Loney said:

I also believe Goods will stay true to his word on his commitment to Kentucky.
Even better news!

Could Brad White pull off a double and land OT Chris Mayo?
Patrick Loney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
mrschwump said:

Patrick Loney said:

I also believe Goods will stay true to his word on his commitment to Kentucky.
Even better news!

Could Brad White pull off a double and land OT Chris Mayo?


Yes, he can.
mrschwump
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Patrick Loney said:

mrschwump said:

Patrick Loney said:

I also believe Goods will stay true to his word on his commitment to Kentucky.
Even better news!

Could Brad White pull off a double and land OT Chris Mayo?


Yes, he can.
That would be awesome!
Patrick Loney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Chris and his family did love UK and haven't cut his list down since his visit. With him taking an official visit to Kentucky already with only four remaining officials speaks volumes where Kentucky stood with Chris Mayo before the visit.
Page 1 of 1
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.