Photo by Darius Jones
Kentucky Football Recruiting

In-state Defensive Back Receives Kentucky Offer

June 30, 2018
40

Louisville Butler Traditional (Ky.) sophomore defensive back Darius Jones received his first SEC offer, coming from in-state school, the University of Kentucky. The 5-foot-9, 160-pound defensive back had already received an offer from the Michigan Wolverines. Jones has visited Kentucky twice this year with the most recent being at the spring game in April.

The Bluegrass State defensive back talks about his offer from Kentucky.

"Yes, sir! Coach (Vince) Marrow offered me at Kentucky. He is a cool guy and keeps it real. When I visited Kentucky, I was able to do a campus tour. UK campus is beautiful,” said Jones.

Jones summer will be a busy one as he plans to attend several camps.

"I'll be camping at Kentucky on June 10. Several of my teammates will be at Kentucky as well. Tae Tae Crumes (major 2019 Kentucky target), 2019 defensive back Emir 'Ty' Leonard along with our quarterback Chaz Burks and wide receiver/tight end Frank Caldwell," said Jones.

He also mentioned a mega-camp in Lindenwood, Florida State, Louisville, Ohio State, Michigan, Indiana State, Southern Illinois, and Ball State as camps he will be attending this summer.

The sophomore defensive back said he has no schools standing out early in his process as he is just trying to make a name for himself at this time.

Jones mentioned if he had a timeframe for his college decision.

"No not at this time. I still have some things I need to work on and get better at."

Since Coach Marrow took over in-state recruiting the buzz is good for Kentucky keeping some in-state prospects in-state.