Photo by Kentucky Women's Basketball Twitter
Kentucky Women's Basketball

Women’s Basketball takes down High Point; Moves to 4-0.

November 18, 2018
388

Got off to a slower start on offense. Maci Morris and Amanda Paschal own two points each at the charity line. Kentucky went on a 20-2 run. We like the hustle. Cats start off slow but end up taking the lead.

Kentucky 20, High Point 7 End 1st Quarter

Maci Morris lights it up, and leads Kentucky with 13 points on 5-10 shooting and a 3.Murray with an and one, to tie the longest lead of the game. Veterans Maci Morris and Taylor Murray both in double figures, Morris with 13, Murray with 12. A great solid effort on offense with room for improvement, 45% from the field, 11-12 from the free throw line. The defense will be the focus when they head into the locker room.

Kentucky 42, High Point 28 Halftime

Freshman Blair Green is bringing a lot of energy, 4-of-5 on shooting. Third most points in the game, behind veterans Morris and Murray. 8-0 run for the Cats in just over two minutes.  Blair Green sparked a scoring spell, now 5-of-6 with two assists.

Kentucky 57, High Point 37 End 3rd Quarter

 KeKe McKinney with eight rebounds and three blocks, leading in both categories. Maci Morris with a 3, leads UK with 20 points and a season-high. Four Cats with double figures, our two veterans, and our two freshmen. Four players with double-figure points, including a season-high 22 points for Maci Morris.

Cats win and have a 4-0 start to the season!

Final Kentucky 71, High Point 49