Story Poster
Photo by Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports
Kentucky Basketball

Sarr and Toppin Granted Eligibility

October 21, 2020
223

Both Olivier Sarr and Jacob Toppin have finally been declared eligible. Wednesday night, Sarr tweeted out a short video with the caption “C’est Parti,” meaning “Let’s go.” Toppin also tweeted his own short video captioned “I’M READY.”

Wake Forest tarsnfer Sarr was previously approved by the NCAA, but was waiting on his waiver from the SEC, which was approved tonight. Toppin, who transferred from Rhode Island, was originally supposed to redshirt this year, but Kentucky had decided to apply for him along with Sarr once the decision was made to grant all winter athletes an extra year of eligibility due to COVID.

“I want to start by thanking the NCAA, the SEC, and Kentucky for this opportunity,” said Sarr. I am excited to finish my college career in front of the Big Blue Nation and chase No. 9 with my team.” Toppin echoed his sentiments, saying “This is a big day for me and I want to thank the NCAA and my Kentucky family for their help in this process. I can’t wait to get on the court with this group of guys and play in front of our fans.”

Calipari was excited to get the news, as well. “In Olivier’s case, I know this has been difficult for him, everything from the coaching change at Wake Forest, to deciding his future to waiting through this process. He’s gone about his business every day and continued to work hard in hopes of joining his teammates on the floor this winter.” Toppin’s situation was a little different, as Calipari mentioned. “Jacob came here needing a fresh start. From day one, he’s been a great teammate and been an important part of this group in practice. He has tremendous upside and a great spirit about him.”

These are huge additions for an already talented and promising roster. The NCAA has named November 25th as the new scheduled starting date for the basketball season, so we have one month to go before getting to see them in action in blue and white.

Discussion from...

Sarr and Toppin Granted Eligibility

171 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by cdrover
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Page 1 of 0

×
subscribe Verify your student status