Story Poster
Photo by UK Athletics
Kentucky Basketball

Kentucky Adds Jai Lucas to the Staff

August 31, 2020
2,276

The Kentucky Wildcats have filled a coaching vacancy left by Kenny Payne, by hiring Jai Lucas. The Kentucky Basketball program announced the hire to the public via twitter around 2 PM est. on August 31st. The former Mcdonald's All American and University of Texas assistant has joined the staff as a special assistant to John Calipari and recruiting coordinator.

“For our team to add a young but established and accomplished coach to our staff was an opportunity we were thrilled to have,” UK head coach John Calipari said. “I’ve known the Lucas family for 25 years and followed Jai’s career both as a player and as a coach. As our fans know, Jai was recruited here as a player and knows a lot about this program. I have always been impressed by the work he has done and the relationships he’s created. Jai is another guy who everyone has respect for because of his work ethic and his players-first approach. He will be a great addition.” Calipari said.

Lucas said of the opportunity, “My family and I are excited about coming to the University of Kentucky and joining the Big Blue Nation,” Lucas said. “The opportunity to work under a Hall of Fame head coach and three former head coaches, along with a good friend in Joel Justus was hard to turn down. When you think of college basketball you think of Kentucky and its tradition, the fan base, and championships. I am thankful for the opportunity to finally be a part of the University of Kentucky basketball family. Let’s go get number nine.”

The Houston, Texas native helped haul in three top 20 classes at his time at the University of Texas and looks to continue his recruiting success, as he is tasked as the recruiting coordinator at Kentucky.

Discussion from...

Kentucky Adds Jai Lucas to the Staff

2,140 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Sophgrace23
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Page 1 of 0

×
subscribe Verify your student status