Photo by Madden 20 Game
Kentucky Football

All Wildcats Madden '21 Team?

December 30, 2019
1,326

I went to college in the late 90’s and early 00’s, this is when video games were getting unbelievably realistic and bordered on art imitating life. One of the most fun things I liked to do was get the new NBA game and trade for all UK players from those awesome 90s teams that produced so much NBA talent.

You could not really do that with the Madden Football games as UK just was not producing very much NFL talent. Even though the Rich Brooks years were in full swing, there were only a handful of UK players in the league so you had to fill the holes by creating the players... but it just wasn’t the same.

I was looking at who all will likely be drafted or signed to NFL teams this coming offseason, in addition to the tremendous success of Josh Allen, Za’Darius Smith, and Bud Depree this year and I was curious how close you could get to a full team in the next Madden ‘21 video game.

Aside from what UK already has in the league, here is who I expect to be drafted and/or signed after the draft from this year’s UK team:

  • Lynn Bowden; WR
  • Logan Stenberg; Guard
  • Calvin Taylor; DLine

Add in those players that are active and on rosters or practice squads, etc and you could form the following team full of Wildcats.

OFFENSE

  • QB - NA
  • RB - Benny Snell
  • WR - Lynn Bowden (KR and PR)
  • WR - Randall Cobb (KR)
  • TE - C.J. Conrad (IMO will be on a roster next season)
  • OG - Larry Warford
  • OG - Logan Stenberg
  • OT - George Asafo-Adjei
  • OT - NA

DEFENSE

  • DT - Corey Peters
  • DT - Calvin Taylor
  • DE/OLB - Bud Dupree
  • DE - Za’Darius Smith
  • DE/OLB - Josh Allen
  • OLB - Wesley Woodyard
  • ILB - Avery Williamson
  • ILB - Danny Trevathan
  • CB - Lonnie Johnson
  • CB - Derrick Baity
  • Nickel/CB - Chris Westry (reserve)
  • SS - Mike Edwards
  • FS - NA

Pretty close to a full squad on both sides, granted not having a QB is a big hole, but you could just find a game manager on the free-agent list and turn him into a pro-bowler!

I gotta say... that would be one fun damn team to play with on a video game regardless of who you put at QB. Ground and Pound with Snell but having studs like Bowden and Cobb to hide passing warts makes this a more than serviceable offense. The defense would be a legit good NFL defense too and would easily lead the league in sacks.

All kidding aside, it is pretty astounding the influx of NFL talent that has come from the Stoops ERA. This is just another way to look at the success of the recruit & develop mantra that Stoops and staff have adopted.

×
subscribe Verify your student status