Videos

(2 Total)
season
sophomore season

Updates

Patrick Loney
3 mo ago by Patrick Loney
Kentucky Commit Talks Commit/Rumor
In the last 24 hours or so a rumor was started on if Texas was legitimately making Kentucky commit Dekel Crowdus considering flipping his commitment. Today, I exchanged messages with Dekel and talked on the phone. Here is how the whole ordeal started and the truth."I heard about the rumor of me possibly flipping to Texas yesterday. The rumor came about because Texas reporter messaged me asking if I am still being contacted by the Texas staff. I told the reporter yeah and I guess they ran with that. Several schools are still contacting me but I'm solid to Kentucky. I'm openly recruiting players to join me to UK, so why would I be recruiting others to join the class at Kentucky and then leave. That didn't make any sense to me."Dekel said that the Kentucky staff also heard about the rumor."Yeah, Vince Marrow called me yesterday asking about this rumor as well. The whole thing is just crazy to me." I'm not going to Texas. I don't want to be far from home and Kentucky is where I want to be. From being close to home and my relationship with the staff is what made me make my commitment to begin with."Crowdus is focused on getting a State Championship and ring this season with the loaded Fredrick Douglass football team.
Patrick Loney
4 mo ago by Patrick Loney
Mock Football Recruiting Class 2021 1.0
Folks' majority of these picks are based on inside information. However, some picks some things will have to fall Kentucky's way for it to happen with Kentucky having 11 commits already in the fold. QB: Kaiya Sheron is firmly committed to Kentucky and is the only QB that will be taken in the class.RB: With Lavell Wright already in the fold the question that remained was would the staff settle on one RB or would they take another RB. After vetting Kyree Young academics and few other things, the Wildcats are interested in taking another running back in the class. At this time, I expect the Wildcats to take two RB's with Lavell Wright being joined with Kyree Young.WR: Armond Scott, Chauncey Magwood, Dekel Crowdus are all solidity committed to Kentucky. I could see the WIldcats taking two more guys. I would predict Quincy Skinner and then someone else to be determined. TE: I still believe Jordan Dingle will be a Wildcat in the end, however, the staff is heavily involved in four-star TE Michael Trigg. I am skeptical on if Coach Cal is going to offer Trigg a scholarship for basketball, but if he does, I do think things become much more interesting in his recruitment and for Kentucky. Trigg recruitment is worth watching.OL: With David Wohlabaugh & Paul Rodriguez firmly committed to Kentucky. I do believe in the coming months they will be joined with Jager Burton staying home and joining his teammate Dekel Crowdus. I do believe Kentucky will look in adding another O-lineman but who I am not sure at this time. It could be a junior college recruit.DL: As you folks may have noticed I didn't mention Rayshaun Benny. Kentucky is joined by hometown schools Michigan and Michigan State recruiting him on the DL, which is the side he prefers to play on. I think Benny eventually joins the Kentucky class. I also wouldn't be shocked is joined by Damon Payne as both Michigan products are close to UK players Marquan McCall, Justin Rogers, and DeAndre Square. I think the Wildcats have a chance on adding Kelvin Gilliam and or Jamarius Dinkins. I look for Kentucky to have another stacked DL class with Kahlil Saunders already committed to UK.LB: With JUCO LB Joko Willis already in the fold the staff can be even more selective on who they add. I believe UK's next commit will be Martez Thrower. The hard-hitting LB fits the bill for what UK looks for in a linebacker. Beyond Thrower, I am not sure who else will join the class in the LB positions. CB: Kentucky wants to add one JUCO CB and then get a couple of HS CB's. With Khyree Jackson delaying his commitment from originally next month, I would think this may throw a wrench in for the staff. The Wildcats have been and will remain heavily involved for Jackson and I believe he is their top JUCO CB target. I am not sure if the Wildcats will land Jackson or not at this time, but if not I do believe the staff will push hard for Kamal Hadden. With Joko Willis already in the fold and Hadden previously visited UK in the past there is a chance he could be the JUCO CB for Kentucky. With that being said the staff is in the mix for several recruits that could flip to Kentucky. Boston College commit Jalen McCain and West Virginia commit Andrew Wilson-Lamp. Both recruits are extremely interested in Kentucky and I predict both will flip to Kentucky if the staff pushes for both recruits. Kentucky would likely take 3 CB's including a JUCO CB.S: Kentucky is set on Safety with Jordan Lovett already committed to UK. The Wildcats are not actively looking to add another safety to the class.P: With the recent commit of Wilson Berry the punter position is set for the foreseeable future. The Australian punter will come to Kentucky with four years of eligibility. Kentucky 2021 class: All current commits, plus Jager Burton, Jordan Dingle, Kamal Hadden/or Khyree Jackson, Damon Payne, Rayshaun Benny, Quincy Skinner, Martez Thrower, Jamarius Dinkins, Kyree Young, Jalen McCain, Andrew Wilson-Lamp.Overall the numbers will change, but I think in the end UK will get close to signing a full 25 man class.
YAHTZEE! 4-Star Dekel Crowdus Picks the Cats
5 mo ago by Dowell Harmon
YAHTZEE! 4-Star Dekel Crowdus Picks the Cats
The Fredrick Douglass wide receiver with 4.4 speed picks Kentucky over Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, and Michigan.
Patrick Loney
6 mo ago by Patrick Loney
Sunday Night Football Recruiting Notes
Several recruits are starting to cut down their list to a more manageable amount of schools with Kentucky making the cut for a couple of them. Major in-state targets are starting to push back their commitments.Jager Burton announced he is pushing his commitment after he takes his official visits, with Kentucky being the last one. Ohio State official is planned in June but it is unlikely at this time that anyone will be visiting any school during that time as the current recruiting dead period has been extended until May 31st. With that being said, I spoke to a source who told me they still believe Burton ends up at Kentucky in the end with the best relationship and overall distance from home playing a major factor.I expect his teammate Dekel Crowdus to do the same. There has been a rumor Burton and Crowdus are a package deal of sorts and we know those don't always come to fruition, even though I mentioned in the 2020 class Tre'Vonn Rybka and Vito Tisdale were pretty close to a package deal. I do believe those two will end up at UK. As for the recent recruits who have cut their list down some. Here is what I know.Caleb Banks out of Michigan interest in Kentucky is real. With the ongoing recruiting dead period this could hurt UK chances in getting him, but he told me is interested in Kentucky and is building a solid relationship with Coach Clink. He's a three-star OL/DL. Three-star WR Deion Burks recently released his top 6 schools with Kentucky being one. Coach Clink also handling this Michigan prospect recruitment. When visits are allowed again, I expect some recruits from Michigan, like Burks, Banks, Damon Payne takes a visit to Kentucky. Three-star WR Markus Allen from Ohio cut his list down recently also. Coach Marrow is handling his recruitment and when visits start up again, I have heard Allen will be taking a visit to Kentucky when visits are allowed again.An interesting side note:I spoke with 2022 Florida Gators commit Syveion Ellis last night. He told me he is still in contact with Kentucky's coaching staff. He told me that he is "very" interested in the Wildcats and most definitely will take a visit to Lexington when allowed. Ellis trainer was the same trainer for Kentucky OLB Samuel Anaele.
Patrick Loney
7 mo ago by Patrick Loney
Football Recruiting Updates
With recruiting as a whole in uncharted territories with several variables and questions in play, here is what we have heard lately.In-State Recruits:Jager Burton visited Kentucky a week or so before everything ended on campus. He was able to take in spring practice and Burton came away impressed by what he told me. He felt the offense is very similar to what FD runs and it would be an easy transition from HS to College if he went to Kentucky. From talking to him and other sources, I feel Kentucky is in a very good spot for Burton. Ohio State is trying to sway him to be a Buckeye, but Burton and his teammate Dekel Crowdus both told me UK is home to them. Speaking of Crowdus, I feel the same for Kentucky's chances as I do for Burton. I think both recruits eventually commit to Kentucky and recruit the state very hard with Kaiya Sheron already in the fold. Sheron told me he was going to recruit very hard after he looked over the recruiting board. I fully expect Burton and Crowdus hear a bunch from Sheron and staff.I am strongly considering changing my pick for Jantzen Dunn to Ohio State for him. I haven't heard much lately between Dunn and Kentucky. After his unofficial visit to UK with several other in-state recruits, he was talking about how they all bonded well. But as time as moved on, I get the sense he is looking more and more at leaving the state. Out-of-State Recruits:I spoke with several out of state recruits lately that have received an offer from Kentucky. Last night, I spoke with three-star wide receiver Michael Jackson III. He informed me Coach Bouknight was recruiting him at Oregon previously, so he has built a relationship with Kentucky's new wide receiver coach. Jackson III also told me he had plans to visit Ohio State, Baylor, LSU, Oklahoma, Kansas State, and Texas. After the offer, he mentions he will want to take an unofficial visit to Kentucky as well. When I asked him about official visits, Jackson explained due to current COVID-19 quarantine he hasn't thought much about official visits, just unofficial visits he would like to take. I also spoke with three-star DB Trinity Bell after Coach Sumrall offered him. Bell told me that he doesn't know much about the Wildcats at this time, He also mentioned that Kentucky is his favorite school while we exchanged a couple of messages last night.Potential Silent Commit:A while back UK DB Joel Williams mentioned the Wildcats had a silent commit out of Louisiana. Since then Coach Smith resigned and he was known as the coach who had the contacts in the state. However, I did some digging and found Coach Clink has some contacts in the state and played a major role in Kentucky landing Kelvin Joseph and Joel Williams. I believe the safe bet at this time at who the silent commit would be three-star DB Tyrell Raby. He hasn't been shy about his interest in Kentucky ever since he visited UK a while back and he is very close to UK DB Joel Williams. With that being said, I do think there is a legitimate chance, Kentucky has more than one silent commit in and out of state.
All Updates

Photos

(1 Total)
×

National Average Rating

The National Average Rating is a proprietary formula that calculates an industry-wide aggregate rating for each recruiting prospect. The formula includes publicly listed grades, scores, ratings and rankings by national recruiting services, along with a Big Blue Banter rating. Combining the data provides a rating for each prospect, which is then normalized to fit the Big Blue Banter Rating 100-point scale.

The intent of this rating is to provide Big Blue Banter readers with a comprehensive snapshot of how individual prospects rank nationally.
×

Big Blue Banter Rating

99-100: Elite national prospect (Five-star)

Considered one of the best prospects in the nation and a likely difference-maker at the collegiate level. Displays all of the physical skills to be a future All-American with potential to be an early-round NFL draft pick.

90-98: Elite state prospect (Four-star)

Considered one of the best 30-40 prospects in the state and a top 250 national prospect. Displays the physical skills to be a major early contributor at the collegiate level with high professional potential.

80-89: Quality prospect (Three-star)

Considered one of the best 100 prospects in the state and a top 500 national prospect. Displays the physical skills to develop into a contributor over the course of his college career. Has the ability to become a professional prospect over time with development.

70-79: Solid prospect (Two-star)

Considered one of the top 250 prospects in the state. Has the physical skills to be a potential contributor at a D-1 program over the course of his collegiate career with significant development. Professional potential is low.
×

Staff Predictions

The predictions represent which school each staff member believes will ultimately sign the recruit, and the confidence meter represents his level of certainty in that outcome.

Example #1

If the predicted school is Kentucky and confidence is set to “High”, then the staff member is saying “I believe that this recruit will ultimately sign with Kentucky and I feel very certain about that.”

Example #2

If the predicted school is “Alabama” and confidence is set to “Low,” then the staff member is saying “I believe that this recruit will ultimately sign with Alabama, but I’m not very certain about that.”

×
subscribe Verify your student status