Patrick Loney
on Jun 3, 2019

Videos

(1 Total)
Samuel Anaele Sophomore Highlight

Updates

5 mo ago by Patrick Loney
Sunday Night Football Recruiting Notes
Several recruits are starting to cut down their list to a more manageable amount of schools with Kentucky making the cut for a couple of them. Major in-state targets are starting to push back their commitments.Jager Burton announced he is pushing his commitment after he takes his official visits, with Kentucky being the last one. Ohio State official is planned in June but it is unlikely at this time that anyone will be visiting any school during that time as the current recruiting dead period has been extended until May 31st. With that being said, I spoke to a source who told me they still believe Burton ends up at Kentucky in the end with the best relationship and overall distance from home playing a major factor.I expect his teammate Dekel Crowdus to do the same. There has been a rumor Burton and Crowdus are a package deal of sorts and we know those don't always come to fruition, even though I mentioned in the 2020 class Tre'Vonn Rybka and Vito Tisdale were pretty close to a package deal. I do believe those two will end up at UK. As for the recent recruits who have cut their list down some. Here is what I know.Caleb Banks out of Michigan interest in Kentucky is real. With the ongoing recruiting dead period this could hurt UK chances in getting him, but he told me is interested in Kentucky and is building a solid relationship with Coach Clink. He's a three-star OL/DL. Three-star WR Deion Burks recently released his top 6 schools with Kentucky being one. Coach Clink also handling this Michigan prospect recruitment. When visits are allowed again, I expect some recruits from Michigan, like Burks, Banks, Damon Payne takes a visit to Kentucky. Three-star WR Markus Allen from Ohio cut his list down recently also. Coach Marrow is handling his recruitment and when visits start up again, I have heard Allen will be taking a visit to Kentucky when visits are allowed again.An interesting side note:I spoke with 2022 Florida Gators commit Syveion Ellis last night. He told me he is still in contact with Kentucky's coaching staff. He told me that he is "very" interested in the Wildcats and most definitely will take a visit to Lexington when allowed. Ellis trainer was the same trainer for Kentucky OLB Samuel Anaele.
9 mo ago by Patrick Loney
Thursday Recruiting Notes
Eddie Gran is in South Florida today meeting with four-star DE commit Samuel Anaele. He may also visit Damien Alford also today as Alford is set to officially visit Kentucky on Dec. 13. 2021 four-star DT Marcus Bradley is excited on receiving an offer from Kentucky's DC Brad White. Bradley told me he doesn't know much about Kentucky at this time but will be doing research and plans to take a visit after the bowl game.Last night I spoke with 2021 DB Jah'von Grigsby. Grigsby played with UK DB Kelvin Joseph in HS. Joseph was a senior when Grigsby was just a freshman. I was told the two talk daily and Grigsby has received some interest from Kentucky in the past. He told me Kentucky is his "dream school" and if offered he would commit on the spot. At this time he doesn't hold any offers.Another name at first appeared to be getting interest is JUCO ATH JD Martin. Kentucky recruited Martin out of his high school. I spoke with Martin last night. Martin told me at this time he has not spoken with any member of the coaching staff.
11 mo ago by Patrick Loney
Big Blue Banter Football Recruiting Flight Deck
The latest in Kentucky Football Recruiting. Who is trending towards Kentucky? Who could be the next commit? Who to watch for in the next few months? All of that and so much more in the Big Blue Banter Flight Deck.
1 yr ago by Patrick Loney
Big Blue Banter Football Recruiting Flight Deck Class Prediction 3.0
Part II of this week's Big Blue Banter Football Flight Deck. Tons of recruiting info, a complete class prediction and so much more.
1 yr ago by Patrick Loney
Kentucky Football Recruiting Class of 2020 Projection 2.0
Big Blue Banter recruiting guru, Patrick Loney, gives his projections for Kentucky's 2020 football recruiting class.
All Updates

Photos

(1 Total)
×

National Average Rating

The National Average Rating is a proprietary formula that calculates an industry-wide aggregate rating for each recruiting prospect. The formula includes publicly listed grades, scores, ratings and rankings by national recruiting services, along with a Big Blue Banter rating. Combining the data provides a rating for each prospect, which is then normalized to fit the Big Blue Banter Rating 100-point scale.

The intent of this rating is to provide Big Blue Banter readers with a comprehensive snapshot of how individual prospects rank nationally.
×

Big Blue Banter Rating

99-100: Elite national prospect (Five-star)

Considered one of the best prospects in the nation and a likely difference-maker at the collegiate level. Displays all of the physical skills to be a future All-American with potential to be an early-round NFL draft pick.

90-98: Elite state prospect (Four-star)

Considered one of the best 30-40 prospects in the state and a top 250 national prospect. Displays the physical skills to be a major early contributor at the collegiate level with high professional potential.

80-89: Quality prospect (Three-star)

Considered one of the best 100 prospects in the state and a top 500 national prospect. Displays the physical skills to develop into a contributor over the course of his college career. Has the ability to become a professional prospect over time with development.

70-79: Solid prospect (Two-star)

Considered one of the top 250 prospects in the state. Has the physical skills to be a potential contributor at a D-1 program over the course of his collegiate career with significant development. Professional potential is low.
×

Staff Predictions

The predictions represent which school each staff member believes will ultimately sign the recruit, and the confidence meter represents his level of certainty in that outcome.

Example #1

If the predicted school is Kentucky and confidence is set to “High”, then the staff member is saying “I believe that this recruit will ultimately sign with Kentucky and I feel very certain about that.”

Example #2

If the predicted school is “Alabama” and confidence is set to “Low,” then the staff member is saying “I believe that this recruit will ultimately sign with Alabama, but I’m not very certain about that.”

×
subscribe Verify your student status