Patrick Loney
on Jul 12, 2019

Videos

(2 Total)
JR SEASON HIGHLIGHTS!!!!!
Freshman Year Varsity Highlights!!!

Updates

1 mo ago by Braxton Howard
Four-Star Slot WR Michael Drennen Commits to Kentucky
Kentucky adds four-star Michael Drennen to their strong finish of the 2020 class.
2 mo ago by Patrick Loney
Big Blue Banter Football Recruiting Flight Deck
A primer for four-star safety Vito Tisdale's decision and the latest on Kentucky's remaining 2020 targets.
3 mo ago by Braxton Howard
Kentucky Football 2020 Class Breakdown: Offense
Braxton Howard breaks down Kentucky's 2020 recruiting class on the offensive side of the football to this point
3 mo ago by Patrick Loney
Post Early Signing Period Football Recruiting Notes
Kentucky's three-star RB commit Torrance Davis did not sign in the early period due to an academic issue, however, Kentucky's staff is aware of the problem. Davis plans to sign with Kentucky on Feb. 5th. No worries of him visiting elsewhere. He is solid on his decision and Kentucky is more than willing to wait for Davis. I have also spoken to sources from USC and Kentucky side of things regarding Michael Drennen II. USC coaches were hopeful he would make a decision this week like Kentucky. However, the USC coaches will wait as he is one of their top RB targets. On Kentucky's side, he is the top WR target. I would even say he is more than likely the only remaining target, as I fully expect Vito Tisdale to announce for Kentucky next month. Kentucky's source told me this about Drennen."He's going to Kentucky. The fans can relax." I am keeping my prediction for Drennen and Tisdale to Kentucky.Moving to the 2021 class, I can confirm this so far.Four-star safety Kaine Williams will make his decision in February and Kentucky is a finalist. Williams told me today he is checking his schedule to see if he can visit Kentucky in January.I have also confirmed another Louisiana recruit is very high on Kentucky. Unranked DB Jah'von Grigsby doesn't have any offers yet, but his film is impressive. He has told me his very good friends with Kentucky signee Joel Williams. Grigsby also said Coach Clink came down to his school last week and he feels an offer from Kentucky would be coming his way sooner than later. The unranked DB previously told me he grew up as a Kentucky fan and it is his dream school, so I asked if offered what would he do."I will commit on the spot and stay true to my commitment even if LSU came calling." He told Coach Clink he would commit on the spot and Coach Clink was on board with that. If offered he is on commitment watch.Jah'Von Grigsby Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/11239821/5d7d1516a018fb0cdc66fcadI have also reached out to 2021 Ole Miss commit Brandon Buckhaulter. He tells me that his commitment to Mississippi is at 50% and if contacted by Coach Sumrall he will visit Kentucky. Buckhaulter told me is very interested in Kentucky. I wouldn't be shocked if Kentucky reaches out and even offer the three-star WR.
3 mo ago by Patrick Loney
Four-Star Defensive Back Joel Williams Commits to Kentucky
Breaking: Kentucky reels in four-star defensive back Joel Williams over Alabama, Auburn and several more.
All Updates

Photos

(4 Total)
×

National Average Rating

The National Average Rating is a proprietary formula that calculates an industry-wide aggregate rating for each recruiting prospect. The formula includes publicly listed grades, scores, ratings and rankings by national recruiting services, along with a Big Blue Banter rating. Combining the data provides a rating for each prospect, which is then normalized to fit the Big Blue Banter Rating 100-point scale.

The intent of this rating is to provide Big Blue Banter readers with a comprehensive snapshot of how individual prospects rank nationally.
×

Big Blue Banter Rating

99-100: Elite national prospect (Five-star)

Considered one of the best prospects in the nation and a likely difference-maker at the collegiate level. Displays all of the physical skills to be a future All-American with potential to be an early-round NFL draft pick.

90-98: Elite state prospect (Four-star)

Considered one of the best 30-40 prospects in the state and a top 250 national prospect. Displays the physical skills to be a major early contributor at the collegiate level with high professional potential.

80-89: Quality prospect (Three-star)

Considered one of the best 100 prospects in the state and a top 500 national prospect. Displays the physical skills to develop into a contributor over the course of his college career. Has the ability to become a professional prospect over time with development.

70-79: Solid prospect (Two-star)

Considered one of the top 250 prospects in the state. Has the physical skills to be a potential contributor at a D-1 program over the course of his collegiate career with significant development. Professional potential is low.
×

Staff Predictions

The predictions represent which school each staff member believes will ultimately sign the recruit, and the confidence meter represents his level of certainty in that outcome.

Example #1

If the predicted school is Kentucky and confidence is set to “High”, then the staff member is saying “I believe that this recruit will ultimately sign with Kentucky and I feel very certain about that.”

Example #2

If the predicted school is “Alabama” and confidence is set to “Low,” then the staff member is saying “I believe that this recruit will ultimately sign with Alabama, but I’m not very certain about that.”