Medium Confidence
Patrick Loney
on Jun 11, 2020

Videos

(1 Total)
junior year

Updates

Coach Speak: The Lowdown on Kentucky's Newest Commit Martez Thrower
3 mo ago by Patrick Loney
Coach Speak: The Lowdown on Kentucky's Newest Commit Martez Thrower
Martez Thrower Head Coach Rob Stowe speaks with Big Blue Banter on what Kentucky is getting from Martez Thrower.
Yahtzee! Three-star LB Martez Thrower Commits to Kentucky
3 mo ago by Dowell Harmon
Yahtzee! Three-star LB Martez Thrower Commits to Kentucky
Kentucky reels in Georgia Linebacker Martez Thrower.
Patrick Loney
4 mo ago by Patrick Loney
Mock Football Recruiting Class 2021 1.0
Folks' majority of these picks are based on inside information. However, some picks some things will have to fall Kentucky's way for it to happen with Kentucky having 11 commits already in the fold. QB: Kaiya Sheron is firmly committed to Kentucky and is the only QB that will be taken in the class.RB: With Lavell Wright already in the fold the question that remained was would the staff settle on one RB or would they take another RB. After vetting Kyree Young academics and few other things, the Wildcats are interested in taking another running back in the class. At this time, I expect the Wildcats to take two RB's with Lavell Wright being joined with Kyree Young.WR: Armond Scott, Chauncey Magwood, Dekel Crowdus are all solidity committed to Kentucky. I could see the WIldcats taking two more guys. I would predict Quincy Skinner and then someone else to be determined. TE: I still believe Jordan Dingle will be a Wildcat in the end, however, the staff is heavily involved in four-star TE Michael Trigg. I am skeptical on if Coach Cal is going to offer Trigg a scholarship for basketball, but if he does, I do think things become much more interesting in his recruitment and for Kentucky. Trigg recruitment is worth watching.OL: With David Wohlabaugh & Paul Rodriguez firmly committed to Kentucky. I do believe in the coming months they will be joined with Jager Burton staying home and joining his teammate Dekel Crowdus. I do believe Kentucky will look in adding another O-lineman but who I am not sure at this time. It could be a junior college recruit.DL: As you folks may have noticed I didn't mention Rayshaun Benny. Kentucky is joined by hometown schools Michigan and Michigan State recruiting him on the DL, which is the side he prefers to play on. I think Benny eventually joins the Kentucky class. I also wouldn't be shocked is joined by Damon Payne as both Michigan products are close to UK players Marquan McCall, Justin Rogers, and DeAndre Square. I think the Wildcats have a chance on adding Kelvin Gilliam and or Jamarius Dinkins. I look for Kentucky to have another stacked DL class with Kahlil Saunders already committed to UK.LB: With JUCO LB Joko Willis already in the fold the staff can be even more selective on who they add. I believe UK's next commit will be Martez Thrower. The hard-hitting LB fits the bill for what UK looks for in a linebacker. Beyond Thrower, I am not sure who else will join the class in the LB positions. CB: Kentucky wants to add one JUCO CB and then get a couple of HS CB's. With Khyree Jackson delaying his commitment from originally next month, I would think this may throw a wrench in for the staff. The Wildcats have been and will remain heavily involved for Jackson and I believe he is their top JUCO CB target. I am not sure if the Wildcats will land Jackson or not at this time, but if not I do believe the staff will push hard for Kamal Hadden. With Joko Willis already in the fold and Hadden previously visited UK in the past there is a chance he could be the JUCO CB for Kentucky. With that being said the staff is in the mix for several recruits that could flip to Kentucky. Boston College commit Jalen McCain and West Virginia commit Andrew Wilson-Lamp. Both recruits are extremely interested in Kentucky and I predict both will flip to Kentucky if the staff pushes for both recruits. Kentucky would likely take 3 CB's including a JUCO CB.S: Kentucky is set on Safety with Jordan Lovett already committed to UK. The Wildcats are not actively looking to add another safety to the class.P: With the recent commit of Wilson Berry the punter position is set for the foreseeable future. The Australian punter will come to Kentucky with four years of eligibility. Kentucky 2021 class: All current commits, plus Jager Burton, Jordan Dingle, Kamal Hadden/or Khyree Jackson, Damon Payne, Rayshaun Benny, Quincy Skinner, Martez Thrower, Jamarius Dinkins, Kyree Young, Jalen McCain, Andrew Wilson-Lamp.Overall the numbers will change, but I think in the end UK will get close to signing a full 25 man class.
Patrick Loney
4 mo ago by Patrick Loney
Friday Night Football Recruiting Notes
Tonight's notes are loaded with some interest tidbits regarding the 2021 class and 2022 class. I'll explain more on the 2022 class later on in this thread. Here is what I have been told or have heard today.I spoke with four-star defensive lineman Kelvin Gilliam late last night. He actually told me some things that were kinda interesting to me. Despite his offer sheet being impressive, he mentioned five schools that are standing out in his recruitment."Penn State, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, and Kentucky are the five schools standing out in my recruitment."Gilliam did say he's already had a virtual tour with the staff. "I loved it. The city of Lexington, I love. The relationships, I have built with the Kentucky staff are strong. The facilities are top-notch," said Gilliam.He told me he is hopeful on taking his five official visits and Kentucky would be one of his official visits.Overall after talking to him during the interview, I think Kentucky is a legitimate option for Gilliam. Coach White has built a strong relationship with him.I also spoke with four-star WR Quincy Skinner today. He actually broke down his recruitment during the interview."My top four schools right now are Kentucky, Miami, Florida, and Georgia said," Skinner.What is interesting is Florida and Georgia haven't offered him yet that I am aware of. However, Skinner has yet to take a virtual visit with the staff but he does plan on taking one."Yes sir! I haven't taken a virtual visit to Kentucky yet, but I do plan on taking one with the staff." Skinner said the staff is telling him if he came to Kentucky he would have a chance to make an instant impact at UK his freshman year. From what I can tell, Kentucky is probably in the lead slightly, but Miami is worth watching. If the other two SEC East schools offer, things might get clouded on where UK stands. I am sticking to my prediction with Martez Thrower. Shortly after I made my prediction, I had caught wind that Arkansas was surging his recruitment. However, as time passed, I continued to hear and be told by sources, the Wildcats are in a good position for the LB. Thrower is a hard-hitting LB. He fits the bill for White's defense. Changing gears to the 2022 class where previous top targets haven't heard from Kentucky lately.Four-star DB Myles Rowser, Florida WR commit Syveion Ellis haven't heard from Kentucky for a while now. Both would be open to listening to Kentucky as Rowser is now at IMG. Ellis had planned on taking a visit this summer to Kentucky for a camp.Kentucky offered Oregon native Keenan Speer-Johnson recently. He told me today Coach Hinshaw extended the offer to him. Speer-Johnson mentioned he plans on taking a virtual visit. The one takeaway in our brief interview was his thoughts on Kentucky's WR coach Jovon Bouknight."Coach Bouknight coached me at one of Oregon's camps when he was there. I love Coach," said Speer-Johnson. The bad news is I have confirmed LSU DB commit Bryan Allen and FSU DB commit Travis Hunter are not interested in Kentucky. The Wildcats had shown interest in the past, but it appears Kentucky lost interest in both recruitments before both made their decisions.However. I have good news on 2022 DB front. I spoke with Ohio State DB commit Jyaire Brown. He recently transferred to Lakota West (OH). A school Kentucky fans should know by now as several former Cats have come from there. Brown told me the Wildcats haven't contacted him yet, but he would more than open to listening to Kentucky's recruiting pitch. Brown went on record saying his "recruitment is open to anyone". Ohio State is his dream school, but Brown is going to take his recruitment seriously by making sure he listens to all schools recruiting pitches and taking visits when allowed. P.S. I have heard Kentucky does have a silent 2022 commit.
Patrick Loney
4 mo ago by Patrick Loney
New FB Recruiting Prediction
I have put my prediction down for three-star OLB Martez Thrower to Kentucky. After talking to some sources late last night, I was told Kentucky is sitting in a very good spot for the linebacker.
All Updates

Photos

(3 Total)
×

National Average Rating

The National Average Rating is a proprietary formula that calculates an industry-wide aggregate rating for each recruiting prospect. The formula includes publicly listed grades, scores, ratings and rankings by national recruiting services, along with a Big Blue Banter rating. Combining the data provides a rating for each prospect, which is then normalized to fit the Big Blue Banter Rating 100-point scale.

The intent of this rating is to provide Big Blue Banter readers with a comprehensive snapshot of how individual prospects rank nationally.
×

Big Blue Banter Rating

99-100: Elite national prospect (Five-star)

Considered one of the best prospects in the nation and a likely difference-maker at the collegiate level. Displays all of the physical skills to be a future All-American with potential to be an early-round NFL draft pick.

90-98: Elite state prospect (Four-star)

Considered one of the best 30-40 prospects in the state and a top 250 national prospect. Displays the physical skills to be a major early contributor at the collegiate level with high professional potential.

80-89: Quality prospect (Three-star)

Considered one of the best 100 prospects in the state and a top 500 national prospect. Displays the physical skills to develop into a contributor over the course of his college career. Has the ability to become a professional prospect over time with development.

70-79: Solid prospect (Two-star)

Considered one of the top 250 prospects in the state. Has the physical skills to be a potential contributor at a D-1 program over the course of his collegiate career with significant development. Professional potential is low.
×

Staff Predictions

The predictions represent which school each staff member believes will ultimately sign the recruit, and the confidence meter represents his level of certainty in that outcome.

Example #1

If the predicted school is Kentucky and confidence is set to “High”, then the staff member is saying “I believe that this recruit will ultimately sign with Kentucky and I feel very certain about that.”

Example #2

If the predicted school is “Alabama” and confidence is set to “Low,” then the staff member is saying “I believe that this recruit will ultimately sign with Alabama, but I’m not very certain about that.”

×
subscribe Verify your student status