Bloomingdale High (Fla.) wide receiver Terrel Ferrell recruitment took a major uptick with his first SEC offer coming from Kentucky. The 6-foot-1, 180-pound wide receiver has received offers from Minnesota, in-state school South Florida, West Virginia and a few other smaller schools had offered the junior prospect. Ferrell discusses his offer from Kentucky and what is next in his recruitment.
“I was really surprised by the Kentucky offer. I spoke with UK assistant Darin Hinshaw and he was telling me about the campus and facilities. He was also explaining to me the success he’s had at UK and was telling me facts in the SEC conference.”
The Sunshine State prospect said he is already in the process of setting up a visit to Lexington.
“I’m planning on arranging a visit to Kentucky. I can’t wait to learn more about UK, speak with the current players and coaching staff, said Ferrell.”
He’s also planning an unofficial visit to West Virginia this summer.
While his recruitment seems to gain some momentum, he did mention one school is now sticking out in his recruitment.
“I’m so excited to receive my first SEC offer. This is my first SEC offer so Kentucky is number one in recruitment. It’s an honor for a “big dawg” program notices me.”
Ferrell said overall he is looking for the best fit for him and what he can bring to the football program, but he mentioned an interesting nugget on if his Kentucky visit went well.
“If my visit went well, there is a possibility I could commit to Kentucky. I can’t tell you how excited I am about getting an offer from Kentucky. This is a like a dream come true. I can’t thank Coach Hinshaw and coaching staff for noticing my talent and giving me an opportunity.”
Image courtesy of Daren "Flip" Wilson, Bay Area Preps