Kentucky defensive backs coach (Steven) Clinkscale dipped into the Sunshine State and offered Class of 2020 cornerback Henry Gray. The 6-foot-1, 175-pound sophomore hails from Miami Central HS (Fla.) and already holds an offer from in-state school Miami. Gray talks Kentucky offer and the latest in his recruitment.

“Coach Clinkscale offered me Friday. I don’t know much about Kentucky at this time, but I know a lot of people that go there. My relative Josh Ali (Kentucky wide receiver) goes there. I also know about other kids came from here like Stanley Garner (Freshman early enrollee) and Akeem Hayes.”

Gray said he was invited to come to Lexington this summer.

“I got an invite to come for a visit to Kentucky this summer. I might be visiting Kentucky in the near future.”

The sophomore prospect does have one visit in-state in mind.

“I’ll be visiting Miami on March 31st with the rest of the 2020 class. Miami is my dream school.”

Does that mean Miami is his outright favorite?

“I mean I don’t have any favorites in my recruitment at this time.”

Kentucky will have some work to get Gray on campus and his eventual commitment, but the silver lining for Kentucky fans is the 2020 class still has two years before they can sign on the dotted line.

Image courtesy of Sleeper Athletes Official Twitter Account, @SleeperAthletes