University of Kentucky assistant Michael Smith is hitting the state of Louisiana yet again. This time, he has extended an offer to three-star athlete Joel Williams. The 6-foot-1, 180-pound sophomore already holds several SEC offers from Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi State, Missouri, Texas A&M, Mississippi and South Carolina. Williams hails from Madison Prep Academy (La.) which is in Baton Rouge, home of the LSU Tigers. The hometown Tigers have yet to extend an offer to the Class of 2020 athlete.

Williams discusses his latest SEC offer from Kentucky.

“Oh yeah, I was surprised by the Kentucky offer.”

The Bayou State athlete admits he knows a little bit about Kentucky.

“I know Kentucky is in the SEC. I always hear about their basketball team, but I know their football team is improving and have a beast at running back.”

The Madison Prep Academy standout mentions a visit to Kentucky could be happening soon.

“I’m planning on visiting Kentucky soon. I don’t have an exact date set yet, but it will be soon,” said Williams.

Williams explains if he has any early favorites in his recruitment.

“No sir, no favorites. Everyone is even in my recruitment at this time.”

The sophomore prospect has an idea when he would like to make his college decision.

“I will make my college decision next year going into my senior year.”

Kentucky is behind the eight ball at this time in Williams recruitment, but getting him on campus for a visit will help the Cats in their hopes of landing a commitment.

Image courtesy of 247 Sports