The Kentucky coaching staff is continuing to make their presence known in the State of Louisiana. Coach (Michael) Smith extended an offer to Ponchatoula (La.) sophomore quarterback, TJ Finley. The 6-foot-6, 225-pound three-star QB holds offers from in-state school LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Baylor and several other Power Five schools.

Finley discusses his newest SEC offer coming from Kentucky.

“I wasn’t really surprised by the Kentucky offer,” said Finley.

The Ponchatoula standout admits he knows one only thing about Kentucky.

“I know they have a great basketball program.”

Finley is setting up visits for this summer and has a good idea who he is visiting.

“I’ll be visiting LSU, Alabama, Miami, Florida State, Texas A&M and Kentucky.”

He isn’t sure the exact dates of those visits, but he has a time frame for the Kentucky visit.

“I’ll be visiting in late June said,” Finley.

The sophomore quarterback has elite schools coming after him hard, but is anyone standing out in his recruitment early on?

“Everyone is even in my recruitment right now,” said Finley.

He goes on to say he wants to make his college decision before his senior season. The Kentucky coaching staff will have their work cut out for them to land Finley, but getting him on campus will help the Cats chances.

Image courtesy of Ponchy Sports Photography